Automotive Technician / Mechanic Wanted (Kalihi)
Do you like to work on cars? Are you tired of working Saturdays? Would you like to work for a shop that values their people and the contributions they make? Would you like to work for a shop who cares about their customers AND employees?
We are Starkey's Auto Repair. A single location, 10 bay general repair shop in Honolulu, Hawaii. We are family owned and operated and we have been in business for 6 1/2 years. Our shop is busy, upbeat and professional and we are looking for a qualified Automotive Technician with some experience to add to our team.
Our family's vision for Starkey's Auto Repair is to be the most reputable and referred auto repair shop in Hawaii known for our competency, quality, integrity, and service. As an employer, we want to employ qualified, up-beat employees who are honest, show integrity and share in making this an enjoyable place to work where everyone involved can earn a quality living. As a service provider, our goal is to be an efficient, profitable, and successful auto repair shop that has an excellent reputation and who delivers appreciable value to our customers. In our community, our goal is to support efforts that promote a "spirit of service" and improve the conditions for the community that our customers and employees live, work, and play in.
We have many employees who have worked with us for years and have helped us to deliver on these goals. It is rare for positions to open in our shop but when we need to add an employee to our team, we want to find like-minded people who have a high care factor and want to be part of an industry leading family.
If you are reading this and think you are the person for the job, we encourage you to apply.
This role would help us primarily with light/medium duty vehicles. As you can see from the photos, we work on all makes and models. You get to work on what you are comfortable with. We have a Euro specialist, heavy general, diagnostic and general repair. We have a very well rounded team of professionals.
Check us out at starkeysautorepair.com or come on in.
Some of the Requirements of this Position:
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use a PC, web browsers and various software programs.
• In-depth working knowledge of vehicles and their various systems.
• Ability to use scan tools and other common auto mechanics tools.
• Ability to gather a set of data, perform research, and draw a technical conclusion.
• A Safety oriented mindset and approach to your work.
• Current ASE Certifications, or currently pursuing accreditation. This is not a deal killer. This is more of a nice to have than a must have.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Current drivers license is required (and you need to be insurable).
Some of What You'll Need to Be Able to Do:
• Following designed workflow procedures.
• Test driving customer vehicles.
• Inspecting vehicle components and recommending needed services.
• Managing repair work time against predefined labor times.
• Performing quality control checks to ensure proper repairs.
• Performing oil changes, brake repairs, steering and suspension repairs, etc.
• Aligning vehicle steering systems.
• Completing required paperwork and documentation.
Why consider Starkey's Auto Repair?
• 5 day work week...
• NO Saturdays or Sundays, our Techs make great pay without cutting into family or personal time!
• We believe every employee needs their down time so when they are working with us, they can be at their best...
• We have a beautiful and modern 10 bay shop...
• Our tooling and equipment is well-maintained... We believe in having the right tool for the job which means the tool has to be clean and in good working order!
• Plenty of room and lifts for our Techs (right now all 10 lifts are less than 4 years old. Some are less than 1 month old. All 2 post 10,000lb lifts are Rotary Shockwave technology). We just installed a new truck 2 post lift last week. We constantly upgrade our equipment and invest in whatever our technicians need to do their job more efficiently and faster. Faster means more billed hours meaning more $$$ for you.
• All the latest software and computer terminals in our shop.
• We have 3 professional, highly capable Service Advisors who understand and respect our Technicians and treat our customers right (so they’ll be back)!
• We believe in working together so that everyone can win.
• We perform digital vehicle inspections which help educate our customers and help them make their repair decisions. Our customers love these.
• Our customers trust our shop so we always have plenty of good business for our Techs year-round.
• We pride ourselves in being a professional family run business. Life is too short for stuffy, out-of-touch corporate bigwigs who don't know or understand our business.
**Even if YOU have never worked in an independent shop, we invite you to talk to us and find out more about us, our shop, our work and our area!
**Techs, NO warranty work here, get paid fairly on EVERY job!
Our benefits include:
• Incentive Based Compensation
• 100% Paid PPO Health Insurance through HMSA, Dental and Vision
• 401(K) Retirement Plan With Percentage Match!
• Paid Vacation
• Uniforms Provided
• Continued Paid Training
Become a part of our award winning team!
Apply in person at 1336 Dillingham Blvd. Honolulu, HI 96817 or send your resume through Craigslist.
*Submit YOUR resume with complete confidence that all contacts with us are completely confidential.
APPLY TOAPPLY TODAY!!!